SimTarget is the traffic generation component of the SimSuite platform. Using an intuitive mouse and/or keyboard-driven interface, the operator can easily handle dozens of aircraft simultaneously within a single scenario. Multiple SimTarget operators can work together, transfering control of targets between themselves as the targets are handed off from one controller trainee to another in a multi-sector or gate-to-gate scenario.
- Simulates the full range of aircraft operations, on the ground as well as airborne.
- Supports enroute flight plan tracking or vectored flight.
- Airborne holding with proper holding pattern entry. (Direct, teardrop, parallel.)
- Realistic local traffic pattern simulation.
- Realistic simulation of push back, taxi, hold short, line-up-and-wait, and LAHSO operations.
- Supports interaction between multiple SimTarget operators for large-scale gate-to-gate simulations.
- Mouse or keyboard command interface.
- On-screen radar-like display of the scenario airspace with video maps.
- Full target status display available with a single click or keyboard shortcut.
- Acts as a "pseudo-controller", providing the ability to initiate and accept target hand-offs to/from controller trainees.